Call for Proposals
The 2017 call for proposals is still open. The deadline to submit proposals has been extended. We are accepting proposals for both in-person and virtual presentations.
Tell us about your campus OER initatives. How do you evaluate OER materials, work with faculty to integrate OER into the classroom, and connect students to OER collections? What trends and challenges have emerged and what predictions can we make for the future of OER in community colleges?
Use the breakout time to host a discussion or share a project in the following areas:
- Defining OER in a Community College Context
- We are looking for conversation leaders or presenters to introduce OER to attendees. Proposals in this category may include information on open licenses, discuss or highlight different OER models, and/or provide an overall emphasis on educating colleagues new to OER.
- Open Pedagogy: Teaching and Learning with OER
- Proposals in this category will showcase OER content used in the classroom, partnerships with faculty and other campus partners, and student use of OERs. Share success stories and lessons learned on teaching and learning with OER.
- Strategies for Implementing OER Initiatives at your Campus
- Share your OER projects and advice for implementing OER initiatives, including consortia involvement or advocacy and other partnerships crucial to your success. We are looking for models of effective practices in engaging a campus community around OER.
- Measuring and Communicating the Impact of OER
- Tell us how you determine the value of OER on your campus. Share strategies for evaluating OER content and communicating both the quality of OER resources and their impact on student learning.
If you are interested in presenting, please complete the Call for Proposals form.