2016 Call for Proposals
There's still time to submit a proposal for ForwardFocus 2016!
This year’s theme, inspired by the current climate of uncertainty, remembers and celebrates our Strength in Numbers. Together community college librarians can achieve success despite the many challenges we face. We want to feature all the ways collaboration helps improve library services and allows us to do a little more with less.
Theme: Strength in Numbers: working together to achieve success
Conference dates & format:
The conference is offered as an in-person event at Illinois Central College in Peoria, Illinois. This year’s date is September 16, 2015. The virtual component happens a week later on September 23, 2016. If you are unable to travel, you can still connect with us for a day of virtual breakout sessions and networking with community college librarians from across the nation.
Call for in-person & virtual presenters:
We are looking for librarians to speak about new partnerships, projects, experiences, problem solving or working through a particularly daunting challenge. The day’s workshops will be dedicated to sharing and developing collaboration techniques to use at your library. Use the breakout time to host a timely discussion, share a recent project, or lead a hands-on workshop. Here are a list of topics to consider (but if you have an idea outside of this, pitch it to us!):
- Assessing library strengths and goal setting during times of crisis
- Data collaboration: working with IT and IR to determine valuable data sets
- Finding common ground: exploring library data standardization across institutions
- Examining the process: interpreting library instruction assessment results
- Using data to make decisions: program review and advocacy across campus
- Consortia collections: spotlight on shared collections
- Getting stakeholders on board with OER
- Developing "readiness:" building partnerships with high schools and four year institutions
- Taking a holistic approach to collection management: strategic purchasing and weeding for all formats
- Advocacy: working together in support of Community College libraries at our own institutions, States and across the country
If you’re interested in presenting, please complete the Call for Proposals form via SurveyMonkey.
We’ll let you know by July 7, 2016 if you’ve been selected!